The World Congress of Science and Factual Producers (WCSFP) is a member-run, not-for-profit organization, dedicated to celebrating the best in science and history programs and other related genres (known in the UK market as specialist factual programming).
The WCSFP's annual event is a must-attend gathering for producers, broadcasters and distributors working in specialist factual television. This year's event will take place November 29 to December 1, 2017, in San Francisco, California, USA.
The WCSFP is the place where the science, history and content-rich factual media community gathers to share, explore and reveal how science and history are communicated to the world. As a community, we are passionate about what we do and committed to sharing it with others. The WCSFP's priorities include:
- Maintaining the WCSFP's distinctiveness through a clear focus on science, history and other unique factual content.
- Integrating content creators and distributors from all visual media platforms into all aspects of the WCSFP, including organization, funding and content development.
- Strengthening and improving formal and informal networking opportunities.
- Attracting, welcoming and representing talent at all career stages.
- Encouraging leadership from the membership to achieve transparent and effective management.
Download a copy of the WCSFP Three-Year Plan
The WCSFP is administered by the Board of Directors and an elected Editorial Committee.