2008 World Congress of Science & Factual Producers : Florence, Italy December 1-4
The premiere event for science and history broadcast executives and producers, the WCSFP connects you with people who are informed and passionate about the craft and business of factual television. And, you can conduct business in a remarkable 2-to-1 producer-to-broadcaster environment: face-to-face meetings are easy, plentiful and productive. It's no wonder things are relaxed: the event is run by an involved member-run community for factual professionals.
Share & Learn
Leading international producers and broadcasters work collaboratively to develop a full-slate of member-produced panels and talks. This "by-the-industry and for-the-industry" model celebrates the best of the genre and explores contemporary issues without holding back nitty-gritty details (yes, panelists talk about what didn’t work as well as what did). You'll find extraordinary analysis and insight through case-studies of complex programs, feisty intellectual debates, and on-stage interviews that feature production visionaries and top network decision-makers.
For 16 years the Congress has travelled the world, visiting new cities and always welcoming new professionals into the community. Like recent editions in New York, Manchester and Tokyo, the Florence WCSFP will allow delegates a chance to explore the region's great wealth of history and culture. And, when the business day is over, grab drinks with your colleagues and have some real fun too at our lively evening events -what a concept for a television conference!
- Alison Leigh, Editorial Director, WCSFP / Independent Producer, Leigh Brown Productions (Australia)
- Marie-Pierre Aulas, Producer, Terranoa (France)
- Gioia Avvantaggiato, CEO, GA & A Productions (Italy)
- André Barro, Producer, Factual and Co-Production, Cirrus Communications (Canada)
- Ralf Blasius, Executive Producer, Off the Fence (Netherlands)
- Richard Bradley, Managing Director, Lion Television (UK)
- Margie Bryant, Executive Producer, Serendipity Productions (Australia)
- Robi Colangelo, CEO / International Sales and Co-Productions, Focus Documentaries (Italy)
- Maryanne Culpepper, Executive Vice President, Editorial & Business Development, National Geographic Television (USA)
- David Dugan, Chairman, Windfall Films (UK)
- John Farren, Creative Director, 360Production (UK)
- Clare Handford, Independent Producer (UK)
- Lilla Hurst, Lillavision Ltd. (UK)
- Diana Ingraham, Managing Director/Conference Director, US Independents/SILVERDOCS (USA)
- Ann Julienne, Former Head of Acquisitions and International Co-Productions, France 5 (France)
- Alex Kiehl, Assistant Producer, Darlow Smithson Productions (UK)
- Bill Margol, Director of Development, National Geographic Television (USA)
- Gillian Mosely, Producer, medialab (UK)
- Sonya Pemberton, Executive Producer/Managing Director, Pemberton Films (Australia)
- Lorenzo Pinna, SuperQuark, RAI 1 (Italy)
- Judy Rymer, Producer & Director, Rymer Childs (Australia)
- Giusi Santoro, Head of Factual, POPCult (Italy)
- Lucy van Beek, Producer, Lion Television (UK)
- Meg Villarreal, Director, US Independents (USA)
- Marco Visalberghi, Managing Director, DocLab (Italy)
- Ellen Windemuth, CEO, Off the Fence (Netherlands)
For general inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
| © 2008 WCSFP All Rights Reserved.