Who We Are
The World Congress of Science and Factual Producers is a member-run organization that represents science and other factual producers and broadcasters around the world. Administered by an elected steering committee and board of directors, the primary function of the WCSFP is the management of the annual conference. Delegates are able to nominate and vote for steering committee members in elections that take place each year during the Congress.
The primary role of the committee is the co-ordination and management of the annual Congress conference. To achieve this, the committee has sign-off powers on conference content and endorsement of the selection of the Board of Directors.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
As designated by the steering committee, the board of directors administers the affairs of the company including, but not limited to, the efficient expenditure of members’ funds, budgets and annual conference fees.
2010 STEERING COMMITTEE AND BOARD MEMBERS
- Peter Arens, Managing Director, Culture and Science, ZDF (Germany) Co-chair
- Stuart Menzies, Controller, ABC2 (Australia) Co-chair
- Michael Allder, Executive Producer, CBC Science and Natural History Unit, CBC (Canada)
- Caroline Behar, Head of Acquisitions and International Co-Productions, France 5 (France)
- Tony Chow, Managing Director - Singapore, Off the Fence (Singapore)
- Andrew Cohen, Head of Science, BBC (UK)*
- Martin Davidson, Commissioning Editor, History and Business, BBC (UK)
- Amanda Evans, Executive Director, Screen Pacific (New Zealand)
- Beth Hoppe,Executive Producer, Discovery Studios (USA)
- Tessa James, Financial Director, Lion TV (UK)*
- Ann Julienne, Head of International Development, France Télévisions (France)*
- Daryl Karp, Managing Director, Tattooed Media (Australia)*
- Uwe Kersken, Managing Director, Gruppe 5 (Germany)
- Paul Lewis, President and General Manager, Discovery Channel Canada (Canada)*
- Wally Longul, President JKJ-TV International (Canada)*
- John Lynch, Words Make Pictures (UK)*
- Hideki Tazuke, Senior Producer, Science Programs, NHK (Japan)
- Werner Vennewald, Head of Development and Non-Fiction, Vincent TV (Germany)
- Marco Visalberghi, Managing Director, Doclab (Italy)
- Thomas von Hennet, Vice President, International Co-Production Drama & Factual, ProSiebenSat.1 TV Deutschland GmbH (Germany)*
Alison Leigh, independent producer, Leigh Brown Productions, Australia is the Editorial Director for the WCSFP.
EVENT MANAGEMENT TEAM
The Congress is managed by Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival under the leadership of Executive Director Chris McDonald and Managing Director Brett Hendrie.