Emerging Markets Bursary Program
The WCSFP is delighted to mark the return of the Emerging Markets Bursary Program, which provides attendance support for documentary producers from regions beyond those of the event’s traditional membership base.
The WCSFP recognizes that regional infrastructure and production capacity limitations can prevent many producers from attending the Congress. The Emerging Markets Bursary Program aims to provide these producers with access to the event’s industry intelligence, professional development opportunities, and international community, thus assisting them in expanding their projects into new territories.
The Bursary offers established producers no-cost accreditation, travel and accommodation for the World Congress of Science and Factual Producers in Paris, France, from November 29 to December 2, with the additional benefits of guaranteed meetings and networking opportunities with the top producers and commissioning editors in the industry.
In 2011, two individuals were selected as participants of the Emerging Markets Bursary Program:
- Patrick Carr, CEO, Mandarin Film (China)
- Mila Turajlic, Filmmaker/Producer, Dribbling Pictures (Serbia)
About the Program
- Full registration for the 2011 World Congress of Science and Factual Producers in Paris;
- Travel and accommodation;
- Formal introduction at the Congress’ opening plenary;
- Guaranteed one-on-one meetings with commissioning editors at Speed Dating sessions;
- Pre-arranged meetings with seasoned producers to help facilitate the most effective WCSFP experience.
2011 Eligibility and Guidelines
- Applicants must be working in a country outside those of the WCSFP’s traditional membership base (i.e. outside of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK, USA);
- Applicants must be established producers working on science, history or other factual genres in their home territories who are looking to expand into multiple international markets.