Highlights of the 2014 Conference
The 2014 World Congress of Science and Factual Producers welcomed over 400 members to Hong Kong for four days of lively and informative sessions, invaluable networking opportunities and unforgettable social events.
- 433 members from 28 countries were welcomed to Hong Kong for the 22nd annual WCSFP, from November 18 to 21, 2014.
- Leading Chinese co-production documentary company CICC participated in the Congress as the 2014 Presenting Platinum Partner.
- A total of 26 international companies sponsored the Congress, including one Presenting Platinum Partner, two Platinum Partners, one Contributing Partner, two Gold Sponsors, six Silver Sponsors, nine Bronze Sponsors and five Industry Partners.
- 90 per cent of members surveyed reported they were able to find new production partners by attending the Congress.
- 83 per cent of members surveyed reported they were able to advance projects in development by attending the Congress.
- The annual What’s the Buzz? session was delivered to an at-capacity room by Caroline Behar (France 5/France Télévisions) and Tom Brisley (Arrow Media). Produced in collaboration with Arrow Media.
- 104 projects from a total of 51 different producers applied for Speed Dating.
- Eighteen intimate Close Encounters sessions were scheduled over three days, providing key industry knowledge during closed-door meetings for up to 22 members at a time.
- The Emerging Producers Bursary Program, GZDOC and CNEX Bursary Programs, and the Wellcome Trust Mentoring Program for Emerging Talent provided 12 emerging producers with attendance and travel support, as well as networking and mentorship opportunities.